Home of the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
The National Healthcare Group is a leader in public healthcare in Singapore, recognised at home and abroad for the quality of its medical expertise and facilities. Care is provided through an integrated network of six primary care polyclinics, acute care and tertiary hospitals, national specialty centres and business divisions. Together NHG bring a rich legacy of medical expertise to their philosophy of integrated patient-centred care. AFib is a common cardiac arrhythmia that can lead to serious complications if left untreated. AFib History on Apple Watch gives you notifications with an estimate of the percentage of time you spend in AFib. The Health app helps you manage lifestyle factors that may influence time in AFib, like sleep, exercise, and weight.
In addition to safety risks, many jobs also present risks of disease, illness and other long-term health problems. Among the most common occupational diseases are various forms of pneumoconiosis, including silicosis and coal worker’s pneumoconiosis . Asthma is another respiratory illness that many workers are vulnerable to.
- Advanced trend analysis lets you see how health metrics like blood glucose, heart rate, and respiratory rate change over time.
- Sat, 08 Oct 2022 This is How to Identify Congenital HypothyroidismCongenital hypothyroidism in newborn infants can impair development and growth and cognitive function.
- Applications of the public health system include the areas of maternal and child health, health services administration, emergency response, and prevention and control of infectious and chronic diseases.
- For example, genetics may play a role in the manner in which people cope with stress, either mental, emotional or physical.
- Nutrients help build and strengthen bones, muscles, and tendons and also regulate body processes (i.e., blood pressure).
- Just as there was a shift from viewing disease as a state to thinking of it as a process, the same shift happened in definitions of health.
Contemporary medicine is in general conducted within health …